Wednesday, October 28, 2009

VF sits down with Dr. Carlisle Cullen


How does New Moon differ from Twilight?

You know, Twilight was an independent movie. It was shot very documentary style, the way Catherine [Hardwicke, Twilight’s director] shoots. It has a rawness to it, which I think is nice. New Moon’s a little bit crisper, it has a little bit more of a studio feel, but it still has that edge.

As the patriarch of the Cullen clan, have you assumed a similar fatherly role with the cast?

You know, on Twilight I feel like they looked to me as the father figure, but because we became so close, I’m more of an older brother now.

What would you say is the one major thing that has changed about your life since starting the franchise?
I’m traveling a lot more than I used to and interacting with a lot more people. The fan base on this, I don’t know how else to explain it … it’s a cultural phenomenon. People will actually hop on a plane to see you. Sometimes I do these charity events, and people fly in to come and see me. I’m just really, really impressed with [the fan] dedication to these books and to the movies. I’ve always had a fan base with the work I’ve done, but never as rabid as this.

Full Interview CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment